Thursday 13 June 2013

Indie Patterns Month!

I am soooo excited about this... I have just signed up to Indie Patterns Month which is being run by Kat at Modern Vintage Cupcake. This is a chance to give independent pattern designers a chance to get some more recognition for their contribution to the sewing world. Over the next month bloggers and other sewists will be creating garments from independent design labels and sharing their indie pattern collections with us all.

Indie pattern month

Since I started reading blogs it has been very clear within the sewing community there is a huge appeal towards giving the indie designers a fair chance with some folk showing quite an extreme bias towards them.

With this in mind and before I even knew about IPM, I have been looking for the best indie pattern for me to start off with. After a lot of goggling it was easy to see that Colette and Sewaholic were fairly easy to get my hands on. However, after even more searching and looking for inspiration from other peoples finished items I decided to keep it nice and simple and go with the Megan Nielsen Kelly Skirt (although I do have my eye on another couple of patterns for the future).

I was searching through some thrift shops a few days ago and found a lovely navy coloured Aztec print fabric and another multi coloured floral fabric with a white background. I have no idea what type of fabric they but in my eyes I think they would be ideal for skirts. Once the pattern arrives I will hopefully be able to work out if I have enough fabric for the Kelly skirt and then full steam ahead!

I'll keep you updated on my progress :-)

Laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment