Monday 20 January 2014

Tilly's Fake Fur Collar

This was a super quick and fun make courtesy of Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons. Tilly has very kindly developed this free pattern for her (fake) Fur Collar.


I chose to make mine in a very deep chocolate brown almost verging on black. I picked it up at my local fabric :-)store which had 20% off all fun fur. I also used some very thin, animal print, fleecy fabric that I pulled out of a scraps bin in Mandors, Glasgow this time last year (I have just been waiting for the right project to use it). With the fur and the fleece I think it will be quite toasty to wear. It wasn't wide enough for the whole collar so I just cut two pieces and run a seam up the middle. Don't think it makes and difference as when you are wearing it you cant see that side anyway.



 I decided to add some ribbon (which I also already had in my stash) instead of the hook and eye. I think it gives it a bit of a dressy night out sort of feel. 

Nice, easy and super quick make. I can see a lot of potential for other fabric choices too, I'm thinking velvet or cotton maybe. Big thanks to Tilly 
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment