Wednesday 5 February 2014

Dressmaking Class - Rooibos Part 1


I have started a dressmaking class! 
The class is run by my local council as part of an adult education program and runs for 8 weeks. I had my first lesson last week and it all went pretty well. There is not really a structure to the class so that means you can choose any pattern fabric etc. that you want to use. I have therefore chosen to make Colette Rooibos dress. The pattern is an intermediate like the class so my thinking is that it will have enough tricky bits in it so I can get the most out of the class. Last week I spent most of them class the pattern on to a Swedish tracing paper style material which I could use to stitch up the bodice and use as a toile. At the moment it looks like everything is going to be a pretty good fit. 
Watch this space in the weeks to come as I track the progress of my dress... next time my fabric and progress update.

No comments:

Post a Comment