Tuesday 18 February 2014

Guthrie and Ghani and GBSB, Sew Excited!!!

Ok I admit it I went totally fan girl crazy on my trip dow to Birmingham a couple of months ago. I actually went down for the Cake International Show at the NEC but frankly there was no way I was going all the way down there with out paying a visit to the Guthrie and Ghani Habadashery!!!!
After being so inspired by Lauren's success on the first series of Great British Sewing Bee I jumped at the chance to visit her shop.

I even got so carried away I asked Lauren for a photo (totaly cringe, but I couldn't help myself).

The shop is beautiful. Very neat and well organised with a great selection of fabrics lots of cottons, lovely corduroys, knits and a few heavier interior cottons. They also have a couple of stands of indie patterns. I was far too excited about the patterns as it was the first time I had seen then in real life. I have not yet found anywhere near me in Scotland that sells anything different from the big 4, so it was great seeing such a fab collection all in one place. 

Gorgeous building too

My mum enjoyed a couple of coffees (handmade by Lauren's husband Ayaz) whilst I was looking about in a bit of a daze. I ended up buying quite a few things, my mum and I figured that we weren't going to be back very frequently so might as well make the most out of it. Along with my lampshade kit and fabric I also bought Collete Ginger skirt pattern, Sewaholic Renfrew top and Cambie dress patterns, fabric for skirt and top and a pack of Sublime Stitching embroidery patterns with cute dressmaking themed designs. 

I'm sure there will be lots of future posts related to this great shopping experience!



So.. I'm sure you can imagine that I am pretty excited about the new series starting tonight on BB2 at 8pm!!!! I watched the last series on BBC iplayer loads of times so I didn't miss a single stitch. I hope this series can live up to my high expectations! Here are all of the contestants taking part in series 2.

Image for The Great British Sewing Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment