Tuesday 18 March 2014

Liberty of London


Just a couple of photos from my recent trip to Liberty whilst I was in London a couple of weeks ago.

Before stepping foot in the shop I had already come to terms with the fact that I just could not afford to buy any of their fabric. I'm glad I had prepared myself as they did not sell anything for less than £22 a meter.As lovely as it is, I just can't justify that price for anything I am making just now. Plus, my local Mandors has some lovely Liberty Tana Lawn for only £14.99 so it seemed a bit daft to spend any more on it.  Having said that I couldn't go all that way and not pick up something. 


So, in the end I decided to treat myself to a little jar a liberty fabric covered buttons. I thought this was a nice way of bringing back a little bit of lots of fabrics. There is also a nice variety of colours in the jar which I can use as a nice accent or can tie together a colour palette. 


I also picked up the Betsy print needle case. This is a neat wee case which came with a couple of pins, needles, and safety pins. It also came with a pair of thread scissors which are held nice and secure in the back of the case. I will say that I don't think the scissors are the best quality but maybe the just need sharpened (I might replace them in the future). I do like the fact that the point is covered up and they can not fall out.


No comments:

Post a Comment